1. Chennai: The capital of Tamil Nadu, combines history and modernity.
2. Mahabalipuram: This tourist destination is well-known for its ancient rock-cut temples and sculptures that are inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
3. Kodaikanal: Another picturesque hill town, Kodaikanal is renowned for its tranquil lakes, verdant valleys, and comfortable temperature.
4. Madurai: A prominent religious attraction, Madurai is known for the Meenakshi Amman Temple.
5. Ooty: is a well-known hill station in the Nilgiri Hills known for its beautiful scenery, tea plantations, and comfortable weather.
6. Rameshwaram: is an important Hindu pilgrimage destination because of the Ramanathaswamy Temple, which draws visitors from all around India.
7. Thanjavur: The Brihadeeswarar Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is the most famous landmark in this ancient city.
8. Kanyakumari: At the southernmost extremity of the Indian subcontinent, Kanyakumari provides spectacular vistas of where three oceans converge.
9. Coimbatore: A natural tourist destination and the "Manchester of South India," Coimbatore is an industrial metropolis.
10. Pondicherry: Pondicherry (Puducherry), though not a part of Tamil Nadu, is a well-liked vacation spot famous.