01. Mumbai: The capital city of Maharashtra, Mumbai is known for its bustling streets, historic landmarks, and vibrant nightlife. Must-visit attractions include the Gateway of India.
2. Pune: Known as the "Oxford of the East," Pune is a city of educational institutions, historic forts, and lush greenery.
3. Aurangabad: This city is famous for its historical and architectural marvels, including the UNESCO-listed Ellora and Ajanta Caves, Bibi Ka Maqbara, and Daulatabad Fort.
4. Nashik: Known for its vineyards and the Kumbh Mela, Nashik is also home to ancient temples like the Trimbakeshwar Temple and Ramkund.
5. Lonavala: These hill stations are popular weekend getaways from Mumbai and Pune. Enjoy the scenic beauty, trekking, and visit attractions like Bhushi Dam and Karla Caves.
6. Mahabaleshwar: Located in the Western Ghats, Mahabaleshwar is a picturesque hill station known for its lush greenery, strawberry farms, and scenic viewpoints.
7. Matheran: Asia's only automobile-free hill station, Matheran is known for its peaceful ambiance, toy train, and panoramic views.
8. Ajanta and Ellora Caves: These UNESCO World Heritage Sites house exquisite rock-cut temples and monasteries with stunning sculptures and paintings.
9. Alibaug: A coastal town with beautiful beaches and historic forts, Alibaug is a popular weekend destination for those in Mumbai.
10. Ratnagiri: A coastal town known for its serene beaches, Ratnagiri is also famous for its Alphonso mangoes.